Skip to main content

Rukmini's Letter to Shri Krishna- Scenes from TV Series 'Mahabharat', 'Shri Krishna' and 'Krishnavataar' Novel














Dear Friends, we all know how Rukmini, the Princess of Vidarbha, sent her message to Shri Krishna expressing her wish to marry him and to save her from getting married to Shishupal (acc to the wish of her brother Rukmi). The Lord accepted her wish, came and married her. Such a beautiful incident!!

Today I am including the same sequence from B R Chopra's Mahabharat, Ramanand Saagar's Shri Krishna and a K M Munshi's Krishnavatara novel.




First, I am taking up the scene from Mahabharat (first four pictures of this post). Here is the video of the song:


The Lyrics of the song, was originally posted by Shivang in Orkut. I have LOVED this song since my childhood. I remembered this song even when I was busy with studies during my student life and completely forgot about Mytho shows. The Lyrics as well as the Music- both are Wonderful!! And Nitishji was too good!! His acting while reading the letter is So Real!!

Binati suniye....
Binati suniye, nath hamari; binati suniye, nath hamari.
Hridayeshwar Hari Hridayvihari, Hridayeshwar Hari Hridayvihari;
Mor-mukut pitambardhari, binati suniye nath hamari.

Janam janam ki lagi lagan hai, ho o o, Janam janam ki lagi lagan hai;
Saakshi taaron bhara gagan hai,
Gin gin shwaas aas keheti hai, aayenge Shri Krishn Murari,
Binati suniye, nath hamari.

Satat pratiksha apalak lochan, ho o o, Satat pratiksha apalak lochan;
He bhavbaadha, vipati-vimochan,
Swagat ka adhikar dijiye, sharnagat hai nayan poojari,
Binati suniye, nath hamari.

Aur kahun kya antaryami, ho o o, Aur kahun kya antaryami;
Tan man dhan praano ke swami,
Karuna kar, aakar yeh kahiye, swikari binati swikari,
Binati suniye, nath hamari,
Hridayeshwar Hari Hridayvihari, Hridayeshwar Hari Hridayvihari;
Mor-mukut pitambardhari, binati suniye nath hamari.
Binati suniye, nath hamari; binati suniye.......... nath hamari.




Now we have the song from Shri Krishna serial (Picture number 5 to 8 in this post). Here is the video (a bit lengthy video of the whole sequnce) :


The lyrics (along with its English Translation) were originally posted by Lola in India Forums. I really Love the lines- "Varan haran jo bhi karo, charan sharan do Naath" - such should be the ideal approach!! I become So emotional while listening to this song... All the words are So True!! One of the excellent compositions by Ravindra Jain. Pinky Parikh, who acted in the role of Rukmini here, acted So well.... I could FEEL her emotions with each line...


Duvidha Beech Padi, Preet Meri Duvidha Beech Padi – my love is amidst a dilemma
It Man Ki Baaj Khenche, It Kul Ki Laaj Roke – my heart pulls me one way, and my family's honor another
Duvidha Beech Padi, Preet Meri Duvidha Beech Padi


Main Preet Ko Nibhaaun,Yaan Reet Ko Nibhaaun – should I heed the voice of my heart, or that of tradition
Sankat Ki Hai Ghadi, Preet Meri Duvidha Beech Padi – it is a time of crisis for my heart


Varan Ki Jo Puchho, To Beete Yugon Mein – when it comes to marriage, then since eons
Ramaanath, Apna Varan Ho Chuka Hai – O lord of Lakshmi, we've already been married
Haran Ki Jo Socho To Man, Praan, Atma – speaking of abduction my heart, my life, my soul
Kabhi Se Sabhi Ka, Haran Ho Chuka Hai – all have been abducted so long ago
Tumharo, Hamaro Naathji Aadi-Ant Ko Saath X2 – yours and mine, o lord, is a union that precedes the beginning of time and outlasts the end of it
Varan, Haran, Jo Bhi Karo, Charan Sharan Do Naath! – so whether by marriage or abduction this time, just give me refuge at your sacred feet


Phoolon Pe Tum To Soye, Daasi Tumhaari Roye – you might be sleeping on a bed of flowers, but here your maid is in tears
Kaanton Beech Khadi, Akeli Roye Kaanton Beech Khadi –standing amidst thorns, she cries
Main Preet Ko Nibhaaun, Yaan Reet Ko Nibhaaun – should I heed the voice of my heart, or that of tradition
Sankat Ki Hai Ghadi, Preet Meri Duvidha Beech Padi – it is a time of crisis for my heart





And now, we are taking up the same sequence from the famous novel Krishnavatara by K M Munshi. Here he has created the character of Krishna with a 'realistic approach' to show how the teachings/ ideals of the Lord can be followed in this time also (i.e.- in Kaliyug)... Here also we find Complete Surrender from Rukmini, her words are full of Longing for the Lord, very very true to her emotions:-

Lord of the Yadavas, Noble son of Vasudeva,
Receive the humble prostrations of Thy devoted
Rukmini, daughter of Bhishmaka, the Best of Bhojas.


Seven autumns ago, when I saw Thee first,
I gave myself to thee for this life,
And all the lives to come.


Never and never have I forgotten,
Awake or asleep or in dreams,
That I am Thine and Thou art mine.


The fiat of Demon has gone forth,
The swayamvara is fixed for akshaya tritiya,
And I am left with no choice.


I am Thy wedded wife before the gods,
I have no more will to choose:
Even if I had, I have already chosen.


Come, Lord, with the eagle banner flying,
As soon as Thou dost receive this message.
I pine for Thee as the calf pines for the cow.


If I am alive, carry me away with Thee:
If I am dead, take my ashes away,
And scatter them where they will lie,
For Thee to tread upon.


Dear friends, Lord always values- Sincerity. 'Complete Surrender' to the Lord is the Only way to Peace (i.e.- eternal Hapniss, Blissful state), which is the final aim of our life. Today I just wanted to highlight the 'Surrendership' element in Rukmini through her message to Krishna, all of them are very very Dear to me!


Jai Shri Krishna!




Here are some links about the novel 'Krishnavatara':-




Comments

  1. The heroine acted as Rukmini in BRs Mahabharat is Channa Ruparel.
    The Bhajan is mesmerising and has been considered as first Love Letter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Krishna Janm dohas from B R Chopra's 'Mahabharat'

Dear Friends, Continuing with the Janmashtami mood :), today I am posting the dohas which come around the birth of Shri Krishna, in B R Chopra's 'Mahabharat'.  The dohas are taken from Shivang's posts in India Forums website :) ( http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1251811&TPN=61 ) (In this page you can find all the dohas of Mahabharat) Watch the sequence here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSONbbaJJ4 Krishna paksha ki ashtami, ardh raatri Budhvaar;   Karagruh me Kans ke, bhayo Krishna avtaar, bhayo Krishna avtaar. Sinh raashi ke Soorya hain, udit uchcha ke Chandra;   Devan dinhi dundubhi, taar madhya, swar mand, taar madhya swar mand. Megh nichhavar ho rahe, barse sau sau dhaar;   Damak damak daamini kahe, dekho mukh ek baar, dekho mukh ek baar. Chhatra banyo brijraaj hit, phan failaye naag;   Mathura tere tyaag se, jaage Brij ke bhaag, jaage Brij ke bhaag. Jaane Jamuna jag nahi, Shri Hari ko avtaar;   Paawan pad

'Shri Krishna Stuti': 2 Songs from Ramanand Saagar's 'Shri Krishna'

Dear Friends, today I am posting two of my most favourite songs from the TV Serial 'Shri Krishna'. Both the songs have these words- 'Shri Krishna Govinda Hare Muraare' ... and the Music is also the same.... The first one is from the scene when Shri Krishna comes to the womb of Devaki, all the god along with Brahmaji and Naaradji come to sing the glory of the Lord! That moment conveys the joy of the coming of the Lord on this earth! I always feel the happiness inside while listening to it. This is the video of the sequence (Uploaded by Dear Sister Lola) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83UELX4Fnn4 The lyrics along with its English Translation was originally posted by Lola in 'India Forums': Narayanaya Namo Namah, Parmeshwaraya Namo Namah - we bow to you, God Y'asmin Sthitah Jagat Sarvam, Sa Janani Garbhe Sthitah- you, within whom the whole universe resides, now reside in this mother's womb Nirakaarah Ajanmayo, So Vayi Sa Karmagatah - formless, unborn, s

Bliss Generated by Shri Krishna: Some songs from Ramanand Sagar's 'Shri Krishna'

Just thought to post some songs from Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna serial, where we can FEEL the Bliss genrated by the Lord to all the persons around Him. Each of these songs are Sooo Special to me due to emotions (Joy) they produce! "Baal Roop dekhke jo Kanhaai" , posted by Lola (IF) Video:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNLdKxH6BY&feature=related Baal roop dekhen jo Kanhaai, seeing the child form of Lord Krishna, Munivar ne sudh budh bisaraai; the sage lost track of his surroundings Harash apaar hriday na samaaye, his heart couldn't contain the immesne rush of joy N ayanan me aansoo bhar aaye. it filled his eyes with tears Antar gati jo bhayee lakhi swaami , his state of mind upon seeing his master So jaanat bas antaryaami; could only be known by the Master Himself Kaise abhinandan karen? "how shall I greet you, Lord?" Muni kachhu samajh na paaye; the sage was lost in this confusion Dekhi dasaa nij bhakt ki , seeing his devotee's