Skip to main content

Impact of Various Sources about Shri Krishna on me


Wishing Happy Janmshtami to all of you!


Today I am going to write about the Lord after a long time. After reading many books, realising his Lessons and also feeling the Bliss within me, I become so emotional that sometimes it becomes quite difficult to express that experience which I go through. Mainly that is the reason of my Long Absence :) from this Favourite Blog of mine. This has been my Most Favourote Blog from the time of its conception, it is really close to my heart as it is the expression of my feelings for the Lord. But as soon as I start writing, I become so involved in His thoughts that writing becomes impossible for me. Today again I am trying, as this is the Blessed Day when He appeared on this Earth.

Now I will write in details how I have learned many facets of the Lord from many sources, like TV, Books and discussions-

# Satsangs:- I have listened to many Satsangs on radio on Shri Krishna for 2-3 years, which all helped me to feel the interest for Shrimad Bhagawad Geeta for the first time. As a result of all these Satsangs, I purchased the Geeta, reading which has left great impression on me!

# I have been reading the Shrimad Bhagawad Geeta for 2 years now. An still trying to understand, to go into the depth of the slokas, is has such depth and vastness. It has taught me many many of the striking lessons/teachings of the Lord.

# Reading Uddhava Geeta has helped me lot to clear many concepts, which I found quite tough in the Geeta. This text a bit easy to grasp and is in great details- so I enjoy reading it just any time. Uddhava Geeta is the Discourse of Shri Krishna to his friend and cousin Uddhava before leaving the earth.

# Mahabharat- Yes, this TV serial is the main reason behind my liking for the Lord at an very early age :... The performance of Nitish Bharadwaj was just awesome! He made Krishna alive by his sheer sincerity. His presence on screen has influnced me lot back in those school days!

(My post about Nitish Bhradwaj, Post of 31 Aug '10:-http://dpriya-lifearoundme.blogspot.com/)


# Shri Krishna Serial by Ramanand Sagar:- This has been a Real Source of Bliss since I started watching it from last year. The implications of all the actions of the Lord, His teachings and most of all the Divine Love- all have been shown so beautifully that I don’t have any words for Shri Ramanand Sagarji. His work is so Great that it is able to generate Love for the Lord in the minds of the audiences, there lies the greatest success of his endeavors.

(My posts on Swapnil Joshi and Sarvadaman Banerjee, Post of 31 Aug '10:-http://dpriya-lifearoundme.blogspot.com/)


# Ramayan- As I was feeling the devotion for Shri Krishna, I also got the exposure about another Great Work by Ramanand Sagraji, and surprisingly found out they generate the same emotion in the heart of a Devotee. Shri Ram is the same as Shri Krishna. I was unable to understand this previously as I never got involved in Ramayan in the same way I did with Mahabharat at childhood and with ‘Shri Krishna’ serial during last one and half year. But after watching Ramayan, I enjoyed it this time and it helped me immensely in finding similarity between the two great figures- Shri Ram and Shri Krishna!

# Krishnavataar Novel- This is a novel by eminent writer/statesman Kanaiyalal Munshi. It portrays Shri Krishna from the point of view of a human being. The way he has incorporated the element of Dharma and all the teachings of Shri Krisha in his novel is really Great! I have only read first two parts of it and eager to read the next 4-5 parts, but just lost the continuity. Will resume it soon.

# Krishnacharitra:- An essay by Bengali Novelist Bankim Chandra Chattopadhayay- Like K. M. Munshi, he also wrote and analysed about Shri Krishna, his Ideals, his teachings, values- very very rich and thought provoking writing indeed! I have read it only once, have plan to read it a few times more to understand it in details.

# Shrimad Bhagavad and RamCharit Manas- I haven't once read the whole of these masterpieces of Devotion :) …. I have read only few chapters and Loved them, it is as if they have the Shri Krishna and Shri Ram in them . I have plan to read both the texts to drink the nectar of Devotion by two of the Great Poets- Veda Vyas and Goswami Tulsidasji.

(My post about the way I was excited after purchasing both of them, the post of 24 Feb ’10:-

http://dpriya-lifearoundme.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-06-11T11:50:00%2B05:30&max-results=7)


# Movies-

* Shri Chaitanya – a Hindi Movie directed by Gufi Paintal, where Saheb Chatterjee played the role of Shri Chaitanya. I loved the element of Devotion in the movie. The songs are very nice!

(Song Lyrics and Link, post of 30 Aug ‘10:- http://dpriya-literaturefilmsmusic.blogspot.com/)


* Meera - A film by Gulzaar, where Hema Malini played the role of Meera. Very very nice movie. Meers’s Faith and Devotion are portrayed superbly! All the songs are Wonderful!

(Song lyrics and link, Post of 31 Aug ‘10:- http://dpriya-literaturefilmsmusic.blogspot.com/)


# Besides all these, I learned a lot from the discussions about the Lord from the social networking sites I visit everyday. There we have regular discussions/interactions about Shri Krishna and Shri Ram- the lessons they taught us, the analysis of their actions, the Bliss which we all feel while watching those serials/films on the Lord. They all have helped me to understand about the Lord and immerse more and more into the ‘Ocean of Devotion/Bliss’ (This particular combination of words I have taken from Dear Brother Shivang’s post on Shri Krishna serial, as it is So Appropriate to express the experiences of a Devotee!)

Today I decided to write about the Sources to let all of you know about them, if anyone is interested to experience to Divine Love he/she can take help from any of these sources, all of then are Real Gems. We have to take a decision and start somewhere, rest is upto the Lord. When we show our eagerness to reach Him, He comes to help us in every way.

Like My previous posts, very soon I will continue posting here, with many new topics (i.e.- about Shri Krishna and His Different Facets), which are as endless as the Lord Himself. It is He, Who has given and will keep on giving me the Concepts of each and every post and the Ability to Write about them, He is there with all of us in our every action.

Again sending Best Wishes to all the readers on Happy Janmashtami!

Jai Shri Krishna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Krishna Janm dohas from B R Chopra's 'Mahabharat'

Dear Friends, Continuing with the Janmashtami mood :), today I am posting the dohas which come around the birth of Shri Krishna, in B R Chopra's 'Mahabharat'.  The dohas are taken from Shivang's posts in India Forums website :) ( http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1251811&TPN=61 ) (In this page you can find all the dohas of Mahabharat) Watch the sequence here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSONbbaJJ4 Krishna paksha ki ashtami, ardh raatri Budhvaar;   Karagruh me Kans ke, bhayo Krishna avtaar, bhayo Krishna avtaar. Sinh raashi ke Soorya hain, udit uchcha ke Chandra;   Devan dinhi dundubhi, taar madhya, swar mand, taar madhya swar mand. Megh nichhavar ho rahe, barse sau sau dhaar;   Damak damak daamini kahe, dekho mukh ek baar, dekho mukh ek baar. Chhatra banyo brijraaj hit, phan failaye naag;   Mathura tere tyaag se, jaage Brij ke bhaag, jaage Brij ke bhaag. Jaane Jamuna jag nahi, Shri Hari ko avtaar;   Paawan pad

'Shri Krishna Stuti': 2 Songs from Ramanand Saagar's 'Shri Krishna'

Dear Friends, today I am posting two of my most favourite songs from the TV Serial 'Shri Krishna'. Both the songs have these words- 'Shri Krishna Govinda Hare Muraare' ... and the Music is also the same.... The first one is from the scene when Shri Krishna comes to the womb of Devaki, all the god along with Brahmaji and Naaradji come to sing the glory of the Lord! That moment conveys the joy of the coming of the Lord on this earth! I always feel the happiness inside while listening to it. This is the video of the sequence (Uploaded by Dear Sister Lola) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83UELX4Fnn4 The lyrics along with its English Translation was originally posted by Lola in 'India Forums': Narayanaya Namo Namah, Parmeshwaraya Namo Namah - we bow to you, God Y'asmin Sthitah Jagat Sarvam, Sa Janani Garbhe Sthitah- you, within whom the whole universe resides, now reside in this mother's womb Nirakaarah Ajanmayo, So Vayi Sa Karmagatah - formless, unborn, s

Bliss Generated by Shri Krishna: Some songs from Ramanand Sagar's 'Shri Krishna'

Just thought to post some songs from Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna serial, where we can FEEL the Bliss genrated by the Lord to all the persons around Him. Each of these songs are Sooo Special to me due to emotions (Joy) they produce! "Baal Roop dekhke jo Kanhaai" , posted by Lola (IF) Video:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNLdKxH6BY&feature=related Baal roop dekhen jo Kanhaai, seeing the child form of Lord Krishna, Munivar ne sudh budh bisaraai; the sage lost track of his surroundings Harash apaar hriday na samaaye, his heart couldn't contain the immesne rush of joy N ayanan me aansoo bhar aaye. it filled his eyes with tears Antar gati jo bhayee lakhi swaami , his state of mind upon seeing his master So jaanat bas antaryaami; could only be known by the Master Himself Kaise abhinandan karen? "how shall I greet you, Lord?" Muni kachhu samajh na paaye; the sage was lost in this confusion Dekhi dasaa nij bhakt ki , seeing his devotee's